Tuesday 14 December 2010

Research


To start my research I decided to look into different types of music video. To begin with I started looking at pop music, but I found the video's too straightforward and with a simple yet strong narrative. A large majority of pop music video's contain choreographed dance which is used to

I also looked at more abstract music video's such as radiohead 'street spirit' which the video has no link to the song. This is called disjuncture.


Amplification – the conventions demonstrated by the music video ‘auteur’ or creative
director. S/he may use both performance and narrative, however, rather than simplyillustrate the lyrics or sounds this director will ‘amplify’ both with creative interpretation,unusual ideas and surrealistic approaches. There is still a direct link to the song, whetherit be the beat, sound or ‘connotative’ link to part of the lyrics or song title. See SpikeJones’ video for Fat Boy Slim’s ‘Praise You’ or Michel Gondry’s video for Kylie
Minogue’s ‘Come Into My Life’.

No comments:

Post a Comment